Tuesday 27 April 2010

It's all in the detail - or packaging revisited

Ok, so I thought I had the packaging all worked out.  I had painstakingly packaged every one of my 74 items of jewellery according to the new look for my brand:

For small items:-

For larger items like necklaces (organza CD bags- did you even know there was such a thing?):-


No-one apart from me has actually seen any of it in the flesh yet as I haven't sold anything since I did it and that's probably just as well.

Why?  I'll tell you why.

If you read my previous post, you'll know that I spent a whole lot of Saturday in my neighbour's garden with my camera and jewellery collection comandeering her interesting rocks and plant life in the name of art.  That meant I had to remove all my carefully packaged creations from their packaging so that I could attempt to take arty, tasteful, beautiful photos.  That's where I hit the snag.  I had made all of my little cards fit so snugly in the organza bags that the little rascals really didn't want to come back out without a fight.  I figured this might not go down too well with customers.  I mean, you don't want to have to tussle with new additions to your crown jewels before they are even out of the wrapping, do you?  I know I sent a really stroppy letter to the manufacturer of a certain well known brand of electric tooth brush after I shredded my fingers and drew blood trying to liberate my new tooth brush from it's packaging. I don't want anyone else to suffer anything like that at my hands.

So I've been thinking, and it looks like the answer could really be quite simple.  With the aid of an ancient National Computing Centre flowchart template from my programming days and a sharp pair of scissors, my cards now have rounded corners instead of square and they don't snag on the seams of the organza bags any more. Woohoo! Result!

Before:
After:


Simples!.....as a certain well known meercat is known to say.  So, that's one down.  Only 73 more to go.  :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment